Customer Support Center
Can't find the answer to your question?
E-mail us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 888-347-5577.
Ordering & Payment Methods
- What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept Master Card, Visa, Discover and American Express. Should you need to use an alternative payment method please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 888-347-5577. Sorry, we do not accept COD payments.
- How can I be sure an item is in stock?
- The Pond Shoppe stocks almost everything we sell on our web site. On the rare occasion that an item is out of stock will notify you of product availability and estimated time of arrival via email.
- Does The Pond Shoppe offer warranties on the product it sells?
- All warranties vary by the manufacturer. If a product should fail while still under warranty please refer to the warranty information that was included with the product for warranty claim issues.
- I have a general question about my order. What should I do?
- You may sign in to your account to view your order history to answer questions regarding the order status. For further questions contact us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 888-347-5577.
Back to top
Viewing & Changing Orders
- How do I know that my order has been received by The Pond Shoppe?
- The ordering process is concluded with an itemized receipt page. At that point your order has been placed with The Pond Shoppe. You will also receive an email reciept confirming your order details.
- How do I change or cancel an order?
- Most orders placed by 1pm will ship the same day. If you need to change or cancel an order please contact us immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that in the majority of cases our faster processing time will work to your advantage.
Back to top
Shipping & Delivery
- How does Free Shipping work?
- All orders totaling $75.00 or more are eligible for FREE SHIPPING. The only free shipping option if FedEx Ground. This offer excludes special order items, any motor freight shipments or any delivery or shipment surcharges such as residential freight charges. For more information regarding motor freight shipments and delivery services please see the motor freight section. You will be contacted by us if your order does not qualify. Free shipping applies to the continental US deliveries only.
- What shipping methods do you use?
- We ship all smaller orders through FedEx. Larger & heavy bulky items will ship via motor freight. For more information regarding motor freight shipments and delivery services please see the motor freight section.
- When will my package be delivered?
- This depends on the shipping method you select. We strive to ship your order within 2 business, however, most orders will ship the same day if placed by 1pm EST Mon-Fri. The amount of time it takes for a shipment to be delivered to you depends on the shipping method chosen and your location.
We also offer overnight, 2 and 3 day delivery. These special shipping requests DO NOT qualify for free shipping. Please contact us for a shipping quote should you require one of these expedited shipping methods.
Once you order has shipped you will receive tracking information via email or you can view the information by logging onto your account.
- What if my shipment arrives damaged?
- Please inspect all packages before signing your delivery receipt. This indicates that you have received the product in good condition. On all motor freight deliveries please inspect and count all items before signing and make a note of any missing or damaged items on the delivery receipt. You may refuse your shipment if it has been damaged in transit without penalty. Please contact us immediately if you should find any hidden damages.
ALL CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED TO THE POND SHOPPE WITHIN 48 HOURS OF DELIVERY.
Back to top
Motor Freight Deliveries
- What is motor freight and why does it have special requirements for delivery?
- A typical motor freight shipment is strapped to a pallet or skid and must be transported in a semi-truck. When delivering in such a large vehicle, special precautions must be taken. There are special requirements for different delivery circumstances because a large truck cannot fit in the same spaces as a small delivery truck.
The products will be strapped to a pallet which can weigh hundreds of pounds and is 4 feet off the ground in the trailer so it needs lifted to the ground. Common carrier freight companies also have their deliveries scheduled for the day when the trucks leave their terminal, so it becomes difficult for a driver to 'stop by later' if no one is present to unload the delivery. Unlike UPS of FedEx, as well, the delivery cannot be unloaded and left unattended; it is the customer's responsibility to unload the shipment and the freight companies require a receipt signature every time.
- Why do delivery services such as residential delivery and lift-gate service cost extra?
- These services are charged to us by the freight companies and are non-negotiable. There are ways to eliminate the need for these services, though, if you can arrange delivery to a commercial location with a loading dock.
- What is residential delivery service and under what circumstances do I need it?
- By adding residential delivery service to a shipment, the freight driver and coordinators know that the location the shipment is being delivered to will not have the facilities for unloading a truck, like would be seen normally at a commercial location. Residential delivery service is required for any motor freight shipment that is being delivered to an address which does not have normal business hours, is not marked at the road as a business or there are no facilities at the site present to unload a truck. Operating a business out of a house DOES NOT COUNT to make the location a commercial address, and home businesses usually require residential delivery service.
If the shipment will be delivered to your house or apartment, you will need the residential delivery service.
- What is lift gate delivery service and under what circumstances do I need it?
- By adding lift gate delivery service to a shipment, the freight company will thereby put the shipment on a smaller truck that is equipped with an 'elevator' on the back end called a lift gate. This way the pallet can be lowered to the ground and unloaded using only a hand-operated pallet jack. This service is required for any shipment to a location that does not have the capability to unload a pallet from the back of a truck. Such capabilities include: a loading ramp or loading dock, a fork-lift or skid-loader with fork attachments or 2 or more able strong bodies to unpack and unload the pallet from the truck piece by piece. The last option is not always possible as some full rolls of liner, for example, can weigh upwards of 300 pounds or more and cannot be 'broken down.'
- What is delivery appointment request and under what circumstances do I need it?
- By adding delivery appointment request service to a shipment, the freight company knows to hold on to the shipment, call the recipient and arrange a time for delivery that works best for both parties. This service is required for a delivery to a location which does not have personnel on site during normal business hours or someone available to be at the site on short notice to accept the delivery. If you work during the day Monday through Friday, and can't leave work on short notice, you will need to arrange for an appointment.
- What is delivery call notification and when do I need it?
- Delivery call notification service means that the freight company will call ahead of delivery to notify the recipient of a time range of delivery. This service does not include appointment arrangements, and is only meant to give the recipient "heads-up" on delivery. This service is not required if delivery appointment request was chosen. This service is required if the delivery location does not have personnel on site during normal business hours to unload the shipment. This service can be used if personnel can come on-site on short notice to receive the shipment.
- What if I fail to arrange these special services and but I definitely need them?
- Please don't deliberately lie to avoid the additional charges. If the trucking company feels that those services were required at the time of delivery or before, they will be tacked onto the delivery charges. Those charges will be charged back to your credit card or they will be required on-site for delivery. This is a hassle for all parties involved, so please consider your situation carefully and apply the relevant services. Thank you.
Back to top
Returns & Exchanges
- What is your return policy?
- Items must be returned within 30 days of receipt and accompanied by a Return Request Form. All items must be returned unused in their packaging and in sellable condition. Returns made without a completed Return Request Form will be refused and returned to you.
- Do you offer refunds?
- Yes, all items returned in original sellable condition within 30 days will receive a full refund less any shipping charges. Please complete a Return Request Form and we will contact you with return instructions. Return shipping charges are your responsibility.
- How do I make an exchange?
- Returns Request Form. If you are not satisfied with your product purchase and wish to exchange it for a similar product, please fill out the Return Request Form and we will contact you with return instructions. The returned product price will be credited to your new order with the exchanged item.
Back to top
Updating My Account Information
- How do I add or delete addresses?
- Sign in by selecting My Account and select Address Book. From this screen you may add, edit or delete addresses.
- How can I change my email address or password?
- Sign in by selecting My Account using your current e-mail address and password. Than select either Change E-mail or Change Password and follow the instructions on the screen.
Back to top
Back to top